Selected reports as Director of Corporate Evaluation, Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Evaluation of the Food Safety Action Plan
- Evaluation of the CFIA’s Fertilizer Program
- Evaluation of the Enhanced Feed Ban
- Evaluation of Administrative Monetary Penalties (AMPs)
- Evaluation of the CFIA’s Stakeholder Consultation Processes
- Evaluation of Changes to Inter-Departmental Interfaces
- Pandemic H1N1 2009 Pig Farm Outbreak – CFIA Lessons Learned
- Evaluation of the Federal Assistance Program (FAP)
- Evaluation of the Avian Influenza and Pandemic Influenza (AI/PI) Preparedness Initiative
- Evaluation of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency’s Contribution to the 2010 Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Evaluation of the National Aquatic Animal Health Program (NAAHP) at the Canadian Food Inspection Agency and the Department of Fisheries and Oceans
- Lessons-learned Report: The CFIA’s Response to the 2007 Avian Influenza Outbreak in Saskatchewan
- Evaluation of Food Recall and the Emergency Response System Management Response
- Invasive Alien Species Program Evaluation
- Summative Evaluation of the CFIA’s Enhanced Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) Initiative
- Summative Evaluation of the On-farm Food Safety Recognition Program
- Lessons Learned: The Canadian Food Inspection Agency’s Recall Response to the 2008 Listeriosis Outbreak
- Lessons Learned: The Canadian Food Inspection Agency’s Review of Est. 97B (Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Inc.)
- Evaluation of the Canadian Shellfish Sanitation Program (CSSP)
- Evaluation of the Feed Program
Selected reports for the National Council of Welfare:
- Income for Living? (2004)
- Welfare Incomes 2002 (2003)
- The Cost of Poverty (2002)
- Child Poverty Profile (2001)
- Statement on the Speech from the Throne (2001)
- Welfare Incomes 1999 (2000)
- Welfare Incomes 1997 and 1998 (2000)
- Children First: Pre-budget Statement for the Federal Budget (1999)
- Statement on Pay Equity (1999)
- Programs for Preschoolers: Promises to Keep (1999)
- Poverty Profile 1996 (1998)
- Welfare Incomes 1996 (1997)
Prepared various other position papers and presentations to members of the National Council of Welfare, general public, Cabinet ministers, members of Parliament and politicians and officials of other levels of government, (e.g., public statement on the Market Basket Measure of Poverty; open letter to the Prime Minister and Minister of Finance on the Romanow Commission; statement to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) review of children’s programs in Canada; presentation on Child Tax Benefit to Standing Committee on Finance; presentation to Standing Committee on Human Resources Development on early childhood development; open letter on poverty, women’s rights and federal pay equity).
Selected Other Publications
Government of Canada response to Accessibility for All, Eighth Report of the Standing Committee on Human Resources, Skills Development, Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities. October 2005. http://www.sdc.gc.ca/en/isp/pub/cpp/disability/8threport/8threport.pdf
“Investments in Comprehensive Programming: Services for Children and Single-Parent Mothers on Welfare Pay for Themselves within One Year.” Chapter in Our Children’s Future: Child Care Policy in Canada, Gordon Cleveland and Michael Krashinsky, editors, University of Toronto Press. 2001. (Co-authors: Gina Browne, Ph.D., McMaster University; Bonnie Ewart, MSW, Commissioner of Social Services, Halton Region; Michael Schuster, MPA, Commissioner of Social Services, Hamilton-Wentworth; Joey Edwardh, Ph.D., Halton Social Planning Council; Louise Boily, MA, Health Canada).
Partnerships in Social Programming: A Case Study of the Community Action Program for Children. School of Social Work, Carleton University, April 1997.
National Evaluation of the Community Action Program for Children (CAPC). Developed and written as co-ordinator of the CAPC Evaluation Working Group, Drs. Dan Offord and Michael Boyle of McMaster University, and Statistics Canada. 1995.
Health Promotion Fund Evaluation Policy and Health Promotion Fund Impact Assessment Questionnaire. Developed and written as co-ordinator, with the Health Promotion Fund Evaluation Working Group, Health Canada. December 1993.
Somalians in Canada: A Guide for Health and Service Providers. Written with the Somali Women’s Health Group, Sandy Hill Community Health Centre, Ottawa. 1991.